‘The Incredible Dr. Pol’s Dr. Jan Pol Looks Back on His Childhood and the Young Fan Who Melted His Heart

Dr.  Jan Pol and his wife, Diane
Dr. Jan Pol and his wife, Diane Frederick M. Brown / Getty Images

Born in Holland in 1942, Dr. Jan Pol, star of The remarkable Professor Pol, inherited his love of animals and the care of his family.

As he points out, his build was very simple, but particularly pleasing.

It is evident in Paul’s own family life and work ethic as seen on his high-profile reality show on Nat Geo Wild – and in the fan who captured the heart of the popular vet.

Dr. Paul lived in Holland most of his life

Dr. Paul grew up on a dairy farm in the Netherlands, where he was responsible for many of the animals. Even at a young age, under 10, he was expected to do his part on the busy farm.

“I was brought up in a very remote place. I was the youngest of six, ”said Paul in a recent Twitter video. “We were self-sufficient. We had pigs, we had chickens, my mother had a garden, we had cattle, horses. And that’s how I grew up. “

He and his wife began veterinary work in Michigan

LOVE: ‘The Incredible Dr. Pol ‘: Here’ s why Dr Jan Pol doesn’t look at his own exhibition

Dr. Pol ‘s wife, Diane, has been a full partner at his clinic in Michigan since Day One. Her organization and administrative talent keep the office running smoothly and with minimal clutter.

“My first experience after graduating was working for a veterinarian in Harbor Beach, Michigan,” said Dr. Pol The use of a vet today in 2012. “However, my wife, Diane, and I wanted to start our own practice here in Weidman, Michigan. When consumption opened in 1981, 80% of our consumption was milk, with the remaining 20 percent as animals and small animals.

“We worked out of a room built in the corner of the garage until the practice took up that little space. Diane and I were able to buy more buildings next door and build a clinic – a double width trailer, which we could afford with flat rates of almost 20 per cent. “

The follower who captured the heart of Dr. Pol

When his reality show premiered in 2011, Dr. Paul, his family, and staff have thought about the global reach of their program. Fans tweet their Pol-love on the show’s Twitter account from countless countries.

There is something about Dr. Pol and his staff and how effective and compassionate they are in caring for their clients have been admired by fans.

“Did we ever expect to have fans all over the world ?,” Dr Paul said on Twitter. “No, of course not. The fans who come to the clinic are great. Things like this I value so much; I can’t tell what level. “

The doctor, born in 1942, described one follower who recently gave him and his staff a good impression.

“I still have fond memories of one of the fans who came all the way from Florida,” he said. “He was a 13-year-old boy named Lucas with a kidney problem.

“And his Make-A-Wish was to meet Dr Pol. I took him out to see the horses. And the horse put its head down so he could get her a pet. And that smile on his face was incredible! I can still see it; for the rest of the evening, that smile never left his face. Those are the things I love. ”

Scroll to Top