Playing Batman is one of the toughest but most complete roles. Playing Batman can either launch you to superstition (Christian Bale) or postpone your career due to bad reviews (George Clooney, who seems to be doing just fine these days).
Actors who play Batman are almost always well-known names. Because of this, a few have appeared (or are expected to appear) in Marvel movies. So how many Batman actors have also appeared in Marvel movies, exactly?
Actors in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Marvel’s large catalog of characters means there is no shortage of roles for actors to adopt. Combine this with the fact that the MCU is the most popular movie franchise in the world today, and it leads to an almost endless series of cast opportunities. That means two facts:
- Marvel’s cache of capturing A-list-based actors that feature in many of its posts.
- The franchise allows Marvel to cast younger talent and turn them into stars.
This has led to a mix of new and seasonal talent, and the results have been clear. Marvel’s box office receipts are positive that they’ve done a great job building chemistry between its actors. They are also not afraid to try non-traditional actors in these roles.
For example, Paul Rudd is known as a comedian but not so much for appearing in action movies. But since the Ant-Man franchise is a little lighter and more fun than the rest of the MCU, it was well-suited for that part.
In a short time, Marvel has the ability to throw a lot of people, meaning they can basically choose whoever they want when a role appears. That’s why you’ve seen so many actors from other rights.
The actors who have played Batman
Over the years, the Caped Crusader has played a number of roles. Since the comic began, there have been many versions of the character. Today, here’s who Batman played on screen:
- Michael Keaton starred in 1989 Batman, a film that entered a new era of superhero movies.
- Val Kilmer was inside Batman forever, the emergency flop directed by Joel Schumacher.
- George Clooney received even more beating from critics when he appeared in the wide arena Batman and Robin.
- Christian Bale once again made things right by participating in the work of Christopher Nolan Dark Knight trilogy.
- Ben Affleck was the first Batman in the DC Extended World.
- Robert Pattinson will appear as Bruce Wayne next year Am Batman.
There is a lot of talent to be seen. Batman is one of the most popular roles in Hollywood, but it is also one of the most difficult roles. Batman play often means the lead actor plays the second violin with the strong chains.
That said, all of these actors were great actors at the time of the solo throw. So how many of them made the crossover to Marvel positions?
How many Batman actors have also appeared in Marvel movies?
according to Rant Screen, three Batman actors have appeared (or will appear) in DC and Marvel movies.
- Michael Keaton starred as the Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- Ben Affleck featured Daredevil in the pre-MCU days at Marvel.
- Christian Bale will appear Thor: Love and Thunder. The studio has not yet announced who it will play.
It’s no wonder why these actors have played in the sandboxes of DC and Marvel. All three have a lot of flexibility. Each gave their own special spin to Batman just as each did a good job (or maybe will do a good job) with their Marvel roles.